With 2023 on the horizon, let's take the time to look back at the past year for O2O.
2022 was a year filled with excitement, challenges and effective growth for O2O. From launching a new and improved platform for Canadian cannabis retailers, to partnering with Adcann in running two Bud Bash events, it's been a busy year. Check out some of our highlights from 2022!
O2O: New And Improved
Over the past few years we have been speaking with stakeholders to better understand the challenges they face working in the cannabis industry, and what we can do better to elevate their brands and drive the industry forward. Keeping in mind the responses we received, we set off to better the O2O platform for brands, retailers and industry professionals.
On July 25th, 2022, we launched our updated O2O platform for cannabis brands and retailers to use to connect with one another. With the launch of the new platform, we introduced new features for retailers and brands to better their overall experience with O2O.
Now on O2O, retailers can:
- Learn about cannabis products
- Filter between digital and physical assets
- Follow and favourite products, assets and brands that interest them.
- Order for all store locations with only one account.
Brand managers now have access to features such as:
- A robust reporting dashboard that provides insights to brands on the retailers accessing their assets.
- User segmentation to ensure that your messaging is targeted to who you want.
- A digital asset manager that allows brands to easily upload and manage their digital assets.
- Digital Ad opportunities
O2O: By The Numbers
Over 2022, O2O saw amazing growth in the amount of Canadian cannabis brands and retailers who use O2O to fulfill their companies needs.
By the end of 2022, highlights of the year for O2O include:
- 100+ cannabis brands onboarded to the O2O retail platform
- 67% (1500+) retail store locations across Canada accessing and ordering from O2O
- Over 30,000 physical orders fulfilled and shipped by O2O
- 20,000 downloads of digital brand assets by retailers
- 200,000+ pageviews by decision makers at the retail level.
Events To Bring The Industry Together
Over 2022 we partnered with Adcann to throw two events designed to further cannabis product knowledge, celebrate the industry and grow connections between retail stores and Canadian brands.
Bud Bash 2022
Following up the success of Bud Bash 2021, Adcann and O2O partnered to throw the sequel, Bud Bash 2022.
Bud Bash 2022 featured::
- 11 cannabis brands and accessory companies such as Spinach, Flowr, Toqi, Buddi, Tantalus, Liiv, Haven St. Original Stash, BLK MKT, BOAZ, Bedfellows
- 350 Budtenders from across the Greater Toronto Area
- Interactive booths such as Bedfellows uninfused sample tests to BLK MKT’s venue takeover.
- A consumption area for Budtenders and brand reps to interact and discuss new products to the market
For a recap of Bud Bash 2022, check out the video below!
Venturing into October of 2022, Adcann and O2O decided to turn Bud Bash on its head and create its spooky alter ego, Boo Bash!
Boo Bash featured::
- 7 cannabis brands and accessory companies such as Spinach, Weed Me, Good Supply, Tantalus, Mera, Ministry of Sativa, CANN and more
- Hundreds of Budtenders from across the Greater Toronto Area
- A smoke session sponsored by Ministry of Sativa to give retailers a test of products never before released in Ontario
- Raffles and prizes for attending retail workers
- Uninfused sample taste tests brought to retailers by CANN
Check out the video below to see how the cannabis industry took on 2022’s spooky season.
If you didn’t get to experience either of our events this year that’s okay! Join us at our 2023 events. For more information about last year’s event or to learn how to get involved in our upcoming 2023 events, shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.